Mark Joyner’s Viral Experiment: Blogging Courseware
Mark Joyner has deservedly enjoyed a reputation as one of the online world’s most creative and successful marketers, going back many years.
He and I have become Internet friends after he bought a copy of Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First over my website and I responded with a personal note.
Now Mark is trying another viral experiment with his new blogging course: giving it to anyone who posts the following text on his or her blog.
I’m evaluating a multi-media course on blogging from the folks at Simpleology. For a while, they’re letting you snag it for free if you post about it on your blog.
• The best blogging techniques.
• How to get traffic to your blog.
• How to turn your blog into money
I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve had a chance to check it out. Meanwhile, go grab yours while it’s still free.
That’s Mark’s language. i don’t write like that. I’d just say that anything Mark is giving away is certainly worth exploring. I own three of his books (one of them, The Great Formula, even has half a chapter by me. I’m going to get my copy.
But anything Mark does is also worth studying. As a marketer, this is what I see:
• A clear attempt to go viral with the power of free
• Canned text that will show up on hundreds or thousands of websites, and in most cases without any added commentary
• My own need to add commentary, in part because I don’t like to pass off other people’s words as my own, and in part because I want to differentiate this page for the gazillion identical pages this will generate
If I were Mark, I’d have actually encouraged people to do their own text, and use his link. But that wasn’t my call to make.