Principled Profit: The Good Business Blog

Musings on the world-wide movement for ethical business, frugal marketing, and how honesty, integrity, and quality combine with deep relationship building to create business success. By the originator of the Ethical Business Pledge campaign and award-winning author of Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First and five other books

This blog has moved to:
http://greenandprofitable.com/blog

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery

If you'd like to get an update when we post new content, please click here to subscribe via RSS or to subscribe by e-mail.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

PR and a Mega-author: Susan Harrow Makes Over Malcolm Gladwell

I have a lot of respect for media coach/PR queen Susan Harrow, author of one of my favorite PR books (Sell Yourself Without Selling Your Soul) and the go-to person if you want your author on Oprah. I've subscribed to her newsletter for years and it's one I actually do read.

Susan's launched a new project: celebrity makeovers by nomination (e.g., these are not really her clients). She starts with advice to Malcolm Gladwell. I've read Blink and a chunk of The Tipping Point but have not heard him speak. I think I have heard him on radio but it didn't leave much impression.

Susan goes after him to improve his speaking delivery in a big way, and all the points she makes sound valid. Speaking is a vital communication tool for authors. But she also tells him to shave his hair. Looking at his picture on her blog, I think it's kind of cute. I'd vote for a little trim maybe, but not a radical new look.

But I sure do hope we haven't reached the point on the glitz-scale where someone with as important a message as Gladwell is judged on his or her hairstyle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home