Principled Profit: The Good Business Blog

Musings on the world-wide movement for ethical business, frugal marketing, and how honesty, integrity, and quality combine with deep relationship building to create business success. By the originator of the Ethical Business Pledge campaign and award-winning author of Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First and five other books

This blog has moved to:
http://greenandprofitable.com/blog

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery

If you'd like to get an update when we post new content, please click here to subscribe via RSS or to subscribe by e-mail.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

HP Spying Scandal: The News Keeps Getting Worse

I found a really good blog entry by Chris Raymond about the HP scandal (sent by my good friend and comrade-in-ethics Nancy Smith, author of Workplace Spirituality--one day I'll have to meet her!)

As an ethics writer (Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First) and blogger ( http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/ ), I am completely appalled at HP's actions--and the more I learn, the worse it gets. This is the first I've heard that the ethics officer actually was aware of these egregious violations and chose to protect the company instead of doing the right thing.

I used to have a lot of respect for HP, influenced in no small measure by an amazing book called The Soul in the Computer by Barbara Waugh--but that ws then, this is now. I own an HP computer and an HP printer--but it will be a very long time before I buy another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home